The BigBrotherAwards are organised by Digitalcourage e.V.
► Digitalcourage – known until November 2012 as FoeBuD (Verein zur Förderung des öffentlichen bewegten und unbewegten Datenverkehrs) – is a German privacy and digital rights organisation. Under the motif of preserving "a world worth living in the digital age", Digitalcourage campaigns for civil and human rights, consumer protection, privacy, freedom of information and related issues. The group has links with organisations such as the German Working Group against Data Retention (Arbeitskreis Vorratsdatenspeicherung) and the Chaos Computer Club, and it is a member of the umbrella organisation European Digital Rights. Part of the work and tasks that we pursue:
- Actions and campaigns
- Online information: newsletter, blog, press relations
- Court cases in the interest of the general public
- Swarm support: practical support of political networking
- Educational work
- Participation in party conventions and congresses
- Creating feminist and non-discriminatory spaces
To find out more about our work, please visit our German website or “our” English Wikipedia article.